Sunday, July 26, 2015

A lavender Saturday

Time out from antiques and  onto some much-needed garden attention.  The lavender, which really flourished this year (apparently the bitter winter was not harmful at all!) was so luscious and lavish for several weeks, I didn't dare go near it, as there was a veritable bee convention going on at all hours. Now, it is drying on the shrub, and the bees have departed...I'd love to know where all that goodness has been stored, but I'll leave that to the professionals at the local farmer's market. No, my mission this weekend was: first, pruning, and second, a simple take-to-dinner gift. The two nicely coalesced as I clipped, sorted, and tied in bunches.
  

A big glass jarful right on the kitchen counter, and the rest arranged for two gifts, some in a jar, and some tied with a piece of French ribbon. I  keep a handsome old glass cake stand and cover on that same counter in which I save all the various ribbons that arrive from time to time. That made it very easy to complete my mission, and off to dinner I went, my lavender bunches stuffed into a fun paper sack depicting various small museums in France: now that's a wrap!

Monday looms...back to wrapping and shipping, more photos for special clients, and new web pages soon, soon.  I promise! Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment