Monday, July 20, 2015

July in France


8 july 2015
My whirlwind buying trip in France is almost over! No time for pictures of all the superb gardens and flowers that are everywhere, so here is just an interval in Morlaix, while waiting for an auction to begin...




And it was well worth the wait! All the auctions have been very interesting, I've made some excellent purchases; all will be arriving on my doorstep shortly, and new pages will be on my website by the end of August.  If you are not already on my mailing list that announces my new mailings, I'd be pleased to add your name. Use the contact form on the right. And below is a quick preview of what's coming.



It has not all been work....my daughter, who lives in Brittany, threw a great party for me last Monday night, what is called here in France an "Aperitif Dinatoire¨, which means all the food is hearty enough so that no one needs to go out to dinner afterwards. It was a glorious evening; the guests included everyone from longtime French friends to newfound ones that I first met in Florida! The luscious bouquet below was cut by me from the garden of Les Fermes de Betty, where I stay.




Another festive afternoon was the picnic that my longtime friend Alain LeBerre gave for us at his shop in  Kerlaz, just outside of Douarnenez which overlooks the Plage de Riz with glorious views of the whole sweep of the bay.  We ate outdoors, but first made a thorough tour of his shop, which is always stuffed with armoires, textiles, folk art, early Quimper and unusual items like a 19th-century wire escargot basket...a goodly haul, as always!



And so, adieu to Alain and his gracious Breton hospitality.
A la prochaine, Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment